Monday, January 17, 2011

Baby on the Brain

Baby Sadie is on my mind nonstop.  She is everywhere except in my arms.  Last week in the middle of teaching, I couldn't stop glancing at Ethiopia on the giant wall map.  It looks so far away.  I have its geography memorized- I know every country and body of water surrounding it.  Every time I get a letter or email, I feel like I at least have something to hold onto.  Then it wears off and I'm ready for more news.  I have to wait another one and a half months for USCIS/Homeland Security to finish processing my paperwork.  In the meantime, I'm trying to keep myself busy...  And I've been talking to God nonstop.  I know that He is at the center of this adoption and that His promises are good.
For as the soil makes the sprout come up and a garden causes seeds to grow, so the Sovereign Lord will make righteousness and praise spring up before ALL Nations (Isaiah 61:11). 

No comments:

Post a Comment